When you’re trying to lose weight, it’s important to do your research to ensure that the diet or supplement you choose is right for you. Keto pills, for example, have become a popular way to jumpstart ketosis, a metabolic state in which the body burns fat rather than carbs for energy. But how safe are they? Let’s take a closer look at the potential side effects of keto pills and what you can do to protect yourself.
Table of Contents
- 1. What Are Keto Pills?
- 2. Understanding the Side Effects of Keto Pills
- 3. Common Keto Pill Side Effects
- 4. Rare Keto Pill Side Effects
- 5. Understanding the Risks and Benefits of Keto Pill Usage
1. What Are Keto Pills?
Keto Pills are dietary supplements that contain ingredients thought to support a low-carb, “ketogenic” diet. This type of diet is high in fat and low in carbohydrates with the goal of “tricking” your body into using fat as fuel instead of carbs.
Keto pills may contain a variety of ingredients, including:
- MCT Oil – a type of saturated fatty acid thought to promote weight-loss by increasing energy expenditure.
- Ketone Esters – compounds that aim to recreate the physiological effects of a state of “ketosis” without needing to restrict your carb intake.
- Garcinia Cambogia – an extract from a tropical fruit that may help to reduce appetite.
It is important to note that most studies done on keto pills have been done in animal and not human studies.
2. Understanding the Side Effects of Keto Pills
When you’re taking keto pills, it’s important to understand the possible side effects that may occur. There are two types of side effects: short-term and long-term. Fortunately, it’s rare for people to have adverse effects on their health when taking keto pills.
Here are some common short-term side effects of keto pills:
- Headache. This is usually the result of dehydration. Make sure you’re getting enough water throughout the day.
- Sleepy. If you start to feel drowzy while taking keto pills, try taking them after your meals.
- Nausea and Diarrhea. Though this may sound junky, it’s actually quite common. If you experience this, try having some temporary breaks from your keto pills to give your body time to adjust.
In terms of long-term side effects, they’re much less likely to occur than short-term side effects. But that doesn’t mean you should ignore them either. Common long-term side effects may include:
- Kidney damage. Taking too much of any supplement could put a strain on the kidney. So be sure to talk to your doctor first if this is applicable to you.
- Liver damage. There are cases where people have experienced liver damage due to taking keto pills. A good way to prevent this is to cut down on the amount of keto pills you take each day.
- Dehydration. Again, make sure you’re getting enough water each day so your body remains hydrated.
3. Common Keto Pill Side Effects
Changes to Appetite and Energy Levels
The keto diet and accompanying keto pill supplements may cause a noticeable shift in both hunger and energy levels. Thanks to fat becoming the primary source of fuel, this can result in a decreased interest in food throughout the day, while also increasing fatigue. Depending on the individual, this could be an advantage as many people find finding it easier to control their portion sizes. For others, being constantly hungry or feeling chronically tired may be too much of a burden to keep up with.
Keto supplement pills may take a toll on the stomach. This comes with an increased intake of fat, which, for some people, may lead to stomachaches, nausea, loose stools, and even vomiting. To mitigate this, it’s recommended to introduce fats into the diet gradually, and/or to take digestive enzymes with the pills.
- Countless individuals find relief from digestive discomfort by ensuring that their diet is low FODMAP (Fermentable Oligosaccharide, Disaccharide, Monosaccharide, and Polyols)
- Considering the use of an oral bile acid supplement also shows promise to aid digestion without harsh side effects
4. Rare Keto Pill Side Effects
The keto diet has become increasingly popular among those seeking to lose weight, but you may also be considering opting for a different method – by taking rare keto pills. These supplements can help to speed up the weight-loss process, but it’s important to consider the potential side effects they can have.
- Abdominal pain
As rare keto pills are relatively new, there are some potential side effects which are yet to be discovered. It’s essential that you consult with a doctor before taking the supplement to ensure that they suit your body and lifestyle. Although not many studies have focused on the effects of these pills, it is still strongly advised that pregnant and breastfeeding women avoid taking them.
5. Understanding the Risks and Benefits of Keto Pill Usage
Using a Ketogenic Pill vs. Eating a Keto Diet
Making the right decision about your health and nutrition shouldn’t be taken lightly. If you’re considering using a ketogenic pill instead of following a strict ketogenic diet, you need to weigh the pros and cons carefully. Here are some considerations to help you understand the risks and benefits of keto pill usage:
- A keto diet requires a lot of work and dedication, following strict guidelines on what you can and cannot eat. Conversely, a keto pill is a lot easier to manage. All you need to do is take the prescribed pill every day.
- The downside to taking a keto pill is that the effects aren’t as long-lasting as a diet. As soon as you stop taking the pill, you’ll start losing the benefits you gained.
- Another risk to consider is the potential of side effects. Many keto pill products are made with unnatural and potentially dangerous ingredients, so be sure to read the label carefully and consult your doctor before taking any medication.
- On the other hand, taking a keto pill can provide faster results than a diet in some cases. If you’re looking for a quicker way to start burning fat and living a healthier lifestyle, a keto pill may be worth considering.
Tap into the knowledge of your doctor or nutritionist for more tailored advice. Ultimately, your chances for success in reaching your health and fitness goals are much higher when you get professional help.
The keto pill may be promising for those looking to jumpstart their weight loss journey, but it is important to be aware of its potential side effects. When weighing the pros and cons, remember to use your best judgment and take the time to consult with your physician to understand the best options for you. Live healthier and happy by making informed decisions.